Volunteer Opportunity for Naturalist:
Cylburn Arboretum Association
Goal of Position: Teach scientific concepts to students in an outdoors / natural setting.
- Lead nature walks
- Conduct and supervise activities related to school programs (i.e., bird adaptation, parts of plants, ecosystems, etc.
Number of Volunteers: Open
Length of Commitment: Year round
Estimated Total Hours:approximately 2 hours per program
Scheduling: When groups are scheduled
(Usually 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. , weekdays)
Worksite: Cylburn Arboretum grounds
- Willingness to work with children
- Knowledge or interest in nature (general or specialty area)
- Ability to be outside and lead walking tours
- Patience - not easily flustered
- Must be available for a scheduled program with 1 - 2 weeks notice
- Must successfully complete an onsite docent training program
- Helping teach another generation to care for their natural surroundings
- Meeting and working with people with similar interests
For Further Information, Contact:
Cylburn Arboretum Association Office at (410) 367-2217 or email@example.com.